11 May 2017: Version 1-02-00
What’s new in Version 1-02-00:
- Option to reduce image dimensions (in pixels) to a range of
predefined sizes. This reduces file size and speeds up Section
loading. Saves to file.*
- Reader can select between three Image Pane sizes to optimise
use of screen-space. Images will then scale to fit the
Pane. Or select automatic to allow FlexiWrite to choose the best
Image Pane size for each image. Does not save to file.
- Rotate image clockwise or anti-clockwise. Saves to file.
- Option to show images in the automatic Table of Contents.
- Option to match destination formatting when pasting text, as an alternative to keeping source formatting.
- Import text from plain text (.txt) files.
- Import text and images from HTML webpages.**
- Various minor interface improvements.
- Fixes the following bugs:
- - Fixes a bug that prevented text from being pasted from
certain applications (for example Microsoft Word). Plain text can
now be pasted from these applications (match destination formatting
- - Fixes a bug that prevented the ‘Find’ feature from operating after a ‘Find’ dialogue had been cancelled.
- - Fixes a bug that prevented a new image from being added to a Section immediately after deleting a previous one.
- - Fixes a bug that caused some text and controls to appear excessively small on some Windows systems.
* Actual displayed image size will also depend on screen resolution and user settings.
** The results from using this feature will vary greatly between
webpages and no guarantees are offered as to the fidelity of the
26 December 2016: Version 1-01-00.
What's new in version 1-01-00:
- Find & Replace
- Up to twenty fonts available to use, in addition to the two font families available previously*
- Spell Check**
- Word Count
- Automatic clickable table of contents creation
- Remembers reader’s place when document is closed and reopened (last saved Section)
- Various minor interface improvements
*Specific fonts must be installed on system to be used. Fonts have been chosen for wide availability.
**Requires separate third-party download (word list).
14 May 2016: Version 1-00-01.
What's new in version 1-00-01:
- Added clickable links to help menu, so you no longer
have to type the addresses into your browser or email client manually.
- Fixed the broken link for the “Check for Updates” function.
- Added ‘confirm’ dialogue box to the “Remove Image” function to
avoid accidental deletion of images.
- Updated code for displaying the interface to ensure
compatibility with future versions of Java.
22 April 2016: Version 1-00-00.
Original FlexiWrite release.