15 Oct 2017: Version 1-02-01
What's new in Version 1-02-01:
- Fixes a bug that prevented the 'Rotate image' function from working immediately after inserting an image and before changing between sections, and caused the image to be deleted when doing so.
11 May 2017: Version 1-02-00
What’s new in Version 1-02-00:
- Option to reduce image dimensions (in pixels) to a range of
predefined sizes. This reduces file size and speeds up Section
loading. Saves to file.*
- Reader can select between three Image Pane sizes to optimise
use of screen-space. Images will then scale to fit the
Pane. Or select automatic to allow FlexiWrite to choose the best
Image Pane size for each image. Does not save to file.
- Rotate image clockwise or anti-clockwise. Saves to file.
- Option to show images in the automatic Table of Contents.
- Option to match destination formatting when pasting text, as an alternative to keeping source formatting.
- Import text from plain text (.txt) files.
- Import text and images from HTML webpages.**
- Various minor interface improvements.
- Fixes the following bugs:
- - Fixes a bug that prevented text from being pasted from
certain applications (for example Microsoft Word). Plain text can
now be pasted from these applications (match destination formatting
- - Fixes a bug that prevented the ‘Find’ feature from operating after a ‘Find’ dialogue had been cancelled.
- - Fixes a bug that prevented a new image from being added to a Section immediately after deleting a previous one.
- - Fixes a bug that caused some text and controls to appear excessively small on some Windows systems.
* Actual displayed image size will also depend on screen resolution and user settings.
** The results from using this feature will vary greatly between
webpages and no guarantees are offered as to the fidelity of the
26 December 2016: Version 1-01-00.
What's new in version 1-01-00:
- Find & Replace
- Up to twenty fonts available to use, in addition to the two font families available previously*
- Spell Check**
- Word Count
- Automatic clickable table of contents creation
- Remembers reader’s place when document is closed and reopened (last saved Section)
- Various minor interface improvements
*Specific fonts must be installed on system to be used. Fonts have been chosen for wide availability.
**Requires separate third-party download (word list).
14 May 2016: Version 1-00-01.
What's new in version 1-00-01:
- Added clickable links to help menu, so you no longer
have to type the addresses into your browser or email client manually.
- Fixed the broken link for the “Check for Updates” function.
- Added ‘confirm’ dialogue box to the “Remove Image” function to
avoid accidental deletion of images.
- Updated code for displaying the interface to ensure
compatibility with future versions of Java.
22 April 2016: Version 1-00-00.
Original FlexiWrite release.