15 Oct 2017: Version 1-02-01
What's new in Version 1-02-01:
- Fixes a bug that prevented the 'Rotate image' function from working immediately after inserting an image and before changing between sections, and caused the image to be deleted when doing so.
11 May 2017: Version 1-02-00
What’s new in Version 1-02-00:
- Option to reduce image dimensions (in pixels) to a range of predefined sizes. This reduces file size and speeds up Section loading. Saves to file.*
- Reader can select between three Image Pane sizes to optimise use of screen-space. Images will then scale to fit the Pane. Or select automatic to allow FlexiWrite to choose the best Image Pane size for each image. Does not save to file.
- Rotate image clockwise or anti-clockwise. Saves to file.
- Option to show images in the automatic Table of Contents.
- Option to match destination formatting when pasting text, as an alternative to keeping source formatting.
- Import text from plain text (.txt) files.
- Import text and images from HTML webpages.**
- Various minor interface improvements.
- Fixes the following bugs:
- - Fixes a bug that prevented text from being pasted from certain applications (for example Microsoft Word). Plain text can now be pasted from these applications (match destination formatting only).
- - Fixes a bug that prevented the ‘Find’ feature from operating after a ‘Find’ dialogue had been cancelled.
- - Fixes a bug that prevented a new image from being added to a Section immediately after deleting a previous one.
- - Fixes a bug that caused some text and controls to appear excessively small on some Windows systems.
* Actual displayed image size will also depend on screen resolution and user settings.
** The results from using this feature will vary greatly between webpages and no guarantees are offered as to the fidelity of the results.
26 December 2016: Version 1-01-00.
What's new in version 1-01-00:
- Find & Replace
- Up to twenty fonts available to use, in addition to the two font families available previously*
- Spell Check**
- Word Count
- Automatic clickable table of contents creation
- Remembers reader’s place when document is closed and reopened (last saved Section)
- Various minor interface improvements
*Specific fonts must be installed on system to be used. Fonts
have been chosen for wide availability.
**Requires separate third-party download (word list).
14 May 2016: Version 1-00-01.
What's new in version 1-00-01:
- Added clickable links to help menu, so you no longer have to
type the addresses into your browser or email client manually.
- Fixed the broken link for the “Check for Updates” function.
- Added ‘confirm’ dialogue box to the “Remove Image” function to avoid accidental deletion of images.
- Updated code for displaying the interface to ensure compatibility with future versions of Java.
22 April 2016: Version 1-00-00.
Original FlexiWrite release.